24 August 2008

Shoot.

I just had to pick up the camera today. And without models knocking on my door the way they seem to do in the southern states, I had to settle for what was available: Me.
My self-portrait is a direct reflection for how I felt about Portland today. It's right there, bright and beautiful, but I'm feeling a bit stuck inside. I haven't found my place in the PDX photo scene just yet. Actually, I haven't found any scene. I still don't know many people here. But, what I do know is that my photography opportunities will come; it just takes time and perseverance. I haven't given up yet. So, until I book some gigs and make some new friends, I have Fiona to keep me company.


"I still only travel by foot and by foot, it's a slow climb,
But I'm good at being uncomfortable, so
I can't stop changing all the time

I notice that my opponent is always on the go and
Won't go slow, so's not to focus, and I notice
He'll hitch a ride with any guide, as long as
They go fast from whence he came
But he's no good at being uncomfortable, so
He can't stop staying exactly the same

If there was a better way to go, then it would find me
I can't help it, the road just rolls out behind me
Be kind to me, or treat me mean
I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine"
-Fiona Apple.-

1 comment:

JW said...

You're amazing! And as beautiful as ever!